Applications for the study year 2018/19 close on July 31st.
Formal requirements and conditions:
- nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
No scholarships are awarded for
- studies at private universities
- postgraduate study programmes ("Lehrgänge", e.g. "Universitätslehrgang" or "Fachhochschullehrgang") or other non-degree certificate programmes
- applicants with a residence title other than “student”
- non-degree programme students („außerordentliche Studierende“)
- short term visits and exchange programmes
Requirements for a succesful application:
- Financial need
- Evidence of good progress in studies
- Interest in development and according specialisation in studies
Possible fields of specialisation are poverty reduction, social justice, global migrations, gender equality, climate change, sustainable use of resources, food security, renewable energies, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, urbanisation, health, human rights, democratisation, good governance, fighting corruption, conflict prevention and resolution, international relations, intercultural dialogue. This list should provide applicants with an idea of relevant topics, it is, however, not exclusive.
The scholarship will contribute to exercise the right to education for those critical and intellectual young people who encounter poor conditions in their home countries. These aspects still apply more strongly to women. Regarding applications from equally qualified individuals, priority is given to female students.
- Please send your complete application documents to astrid.schmid (at) aai-salzburg.at using a free data transfer such as wetransfer or sendspace
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an interview (in person or via skype)
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.
Application forms for download:Application Form Master
Application Form PhD